The OMEX® group is an exciting and challenging place to work. Operating across a global market the group is seeking hardworking, ambitious people to help the business continue to grow.
Territory Sales Leader – Pacific Northwest, USA
OMEX® a world leader in the formulation and leading manufacturer of innovative plant nutrient fertilizers. Working closely with distributors to provide excellent technical solutions to growers, OMEX® has developed into a group of companies dedicated to feeding and powering growers and producers around the world.
As a family run, customer focused, company with over 27 years supporting agriculture around the globe, OMEX® continues to develop innovative solutions from plant health to renewable energy. We are currently seeking a highly motivated sales agronomist to join our team. This position is integral in the development and growth of our organization’s sales trajectory. Candidates must have a proven track record of successful sales territory management. Ideally, this candidate would be entrepreneurially minded and have a minimum of 5 years experience in agriculture, agronomy or related field. This role will be responsible for all commercial activities within the assigned territory including but not limited to generating brand / company awareness with key customers, initially attracting, developing, and capturing new customers, developing new business opportunities as well as ensuring quality customer support. The Sales Leader will develop customers directly, through relationships with producers, CCAs / PCAs and in conjunction with independent sales agencies. This Leadership role will drive and be responsible for specific sales objective.
- A degree in Agriculture/Agronomy
- A “hunter” (driven) mentality with a history of proven ag sales and business development
- Entrepreneurial and Strategic mindset, driven to succeed. Results oriented. Creative.
- Sales, Marketing and Business acumen with the ability to communicate within the agriculture industry and marketplace
- Prefer an individual with an existing network of established contacts in the target markets with high level contacts of growers and field consultants, landholders, and organizations with interest in farming.
- Prefer experience with crop nutrition, soil nutrition, ag chemical sales or irrigation system sales
- Prefer experience managing a small team, goal setting, motivating, and driving cultural practices consistent with overall goals and values of OMEX®
- Ability to travel within the target territory without restrictions which may require to be away from home for several days/nights at a time.
- Meeting sales and revenue targets to assure budgetary goals and understanding profit and loss accounting
Cultivate and maintain an active sales pipeline
- Develop key relationships with clients through active business development & account management. Access to key growers in the region.
- P & L accountability
- Prepare and deliver sales reports to management
- Develop distribution for OMEX® products
- Develop sales goals. Develop and implement a working sales strategy.
- Be a prolific marketer in the region and strategically direct marketing spend
- Report on team member performance and mission-related company objectives
- Be a team player.
For more Information including salary, commission, benefits package and other role dynamics, please reach out today!
Contact: Donna Williams – email@example.com
Mike Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org